Pages

February 15, 2012

French Inspiration: Versailles & The Hamlet

When I'm feeling less than inspired, I travel. There is nothing quite like stepping off the train somewhere new that really opens your eyes to a whole new realm of exciting possibilities. And good eats. Oh the food! I definitely travel for the food. (It's lunchtime...can you tell?)

Nate and I always have a trip planned or in the works. Having a location to look forward to keeps us motivated even when the day-in-day-out drudgery drags us down. Our next trip(s)? Peru.  Croatia.  Ireland, with an absolutely necessary stop over in Paris and a little jaunt out to my most favorite spot of earth: Versailles...but more specifically Marie Antoinette's Hamlet - an idealized slice of country life amid a sea of overwhelming grandeur.

What inspires you?

























































4 comments:

Brianna Renee said...

beautiful photos!

-Courtney Lane- {blog} said...

This just makes me want to travel! I'm a design student in Seattle and have been hearing that there might be a design student trip to Switzerland next year...I'd love to go!

Funmilayo said...

wow, great pictures and travel is inspirational to me too :)

casacaudill said...

Our favorite part of Versailles was Marie's hamlet. Unfortunately we went when the Petit Trianon was closed for renovations so we didn't get to see inside. I can totally understand why she needed her own escape from the opulence of the palace.

...

Related Posts with Thumbnails