Pages

April 1, 2010

Let's Eat



A while ago I was asked to decorate a table for eight for a women's conference that was held last week. Because life has a way of laying waste to my grand plans I had no time on the day of the conference to actually go set up the table let alone attend the event. Good thing I have a husband that is secure in his masculinity. That's right, my unbelievably supportive husband set up my table for me! I got everything together the night before and we had a test run, though in all honesty, he probably didn't need my direction (he has a very proper grandmother who taught him where every fork, spoon, and salad plate goes)! Apparently they announced this good deed at the conference because I still have women calling to tell me that my husband's table was the best one there. I was sad that I couldn't be there and take pictures so I decided to recreate it at home - on a smaller scale. 




Because the event was taking place so close to Easter I decided on a natural Easter theme. I used burlap fabric for a tablecloth (it adds so much texture!), seagrass woven chargers from Ikea, white china that Mr. gave me for Christmas a few years ago, my grandmothers silver, green cloth napkins, and topped each place setting with an egg. 



For the centerpiece I used my antique Italian soup tureen and filled it with a yellow orchid, johnny-jump-ups, spanish moss, and more eggs. I didn't plant anything, I just placed the orchid in the middle, cut a six-pack of johnny-jump-ups apart and then placed those around the orchid. I stuffed plastic bags in all the spaces between and then topped it all with the spanish moss and nestled a few eggs on top. It took me approximately 15 minutes, and when the johnnys start to fade I'll just pop them out and plant them outside. Couldn't be easier!






















Want to see more tablescapes? Check out Susan's Tablescape Thursday over at Between Naps on the Porch.

14 comments:

slip4 said...

So simple and so beautiful! And how sweet of your husband to help out! Have a blessed Easter!

Pine Tree Home said...

Just my style. I love the simplicity and the subtle pop of color. Happy Easter.

The Brick Cottage said...

Simply gorgeous! I love all the texture and the subtle color scheme. I have those bird s&p shakers and LOVE them, so cute!

Marilyn said...

Very nice! I love the centerpiece and the fact that it was so easy and fast to put together! Makes we want to go the the greenhouse and get some plants for Easter baskets! Thanks for sharing. ♥♫

Marilyn said...

OOps, didn't proof read! Makes ME want to go the the greenhouse!

Anonymous said...

I am now feeling guilty because I know you missed your conference because you were helping us out. Tell Mr.(Fabio) that I appreciate him helping out as well. Would it make a difference if I said you were my absolute favorite sister? I would be lost without you! Ray and I both thank you so very much.
XOXO,
Cynth
PS The last pic is my favorite!

Johanna Gehrlein said...

What a nice tablescape. The burlap combined with the straw chargers and the sage napkis are gorgeous. And the eggs look like natural ones. Very nice.

Wish you and your family a happy Easter.
Johanna

Marigene said...

Simply beautiful!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

the table turned out beautiful, love the colors and the simple decor, with the centerpiece that pulls it all together it's a huge hit I am sure....I am a new follower, come over for a visit when you can...

Chubby Chieque said...

Simple decor that makes your TT heavenly elegant.

I love your colour choice too.

Happy Easter...

Tricia said...

What gorgeous and elegant simplicity! Just stunning -- LOVE that centerpiece idea. And what a capable and sweet husband you have!

Maria said...

I love the elegant simplicity and calm of your table. So lovely and welcoming!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Simple and pretty, Perfect!

GwendolynKay said...

What a gorgeous table setting. I love the natural colors and fibers. Your blog is very nice.
Blessings!
Gwen

...

Related Posts with Thumbnails