You all know how this works, award recipients are asked to share 10 things about themselves. Here goes:
1. I started college as a dance major on a ballet scholarship and finished with a degree in English Literature instead.
2. I always dreamed of being an architect. When other girls my age were drawing unicorns and fairies, I was sketching out house plans complete with exterior elevations and diagrams of cupolas and glassed-in conservatories. My favorite was a house with a waterfall running down both sides of the staircase into a stream that ran through the house. Oddly enough, my husband sketched out a very similar 'dream house' when he was a kid. Seriously, what are the odds that two architecturally obsessed kids would get together? And who knows, maybe an indoor stream is in our future!
Patricia Routledge (as Hyacinth Bucket) - BBC
3. I am obsessed with British comedies. My favorites are: Are You Being Served (shopping in a department store will never be the same), Keeping Up Appearances (Hyacinth Bucket 'nuff said), and As Time Goes By (I'll watch anything with Dame Judy).
Magnus Persson/Johner Images/Getty Images
4. I love to be outdoors. I would live in a treehouse if they came with indoor plumbing (which I admit is rather oxymoron).
5. If I could buy only one cable channel (don't you wish they came a la carte?) it would be the Food Network.
6. I only have one preset radio station in my car. It is tuned to NPR.
7. I have two cats: Sir Leopold, and Lucy Diamond. They were both rescued by my brother who is a sucker (he has five cats and a dog!) who then quickly called his little sister who is an even bigger sucker. What can I say? I have a soft spot for strays.
8. I am the youngest of six.
9. My favorite place to hang out is the library. The fantastic Salt Lake City Library combines my love of architecture with my love of books.
10. This year I will celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the day I married my best friend.
I am passing on this award to these great bloggers:
Jane @ Blondie's Journal
Karrie @ The Brick Cottage
Londen @ Sixty-fifth Avenue
Kifus @ Inspiring Interiors
Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden
Abby @ Tales & Trials
Pine Tree Home
Leigh @ Brabourne Farm
Thanks again for all your great comments and support!