Pages

February 19, 2010

Pretty Jewelry Storage


I have quite a few mismatched tea cups and plates that were once my grandmothers. Up until now they have been squirreled away inside a closed cabinet (I have two kitties. Kitties & breakables don't mix). Then I ran across this idea from Martha Stewart and I knew that it would be the perfect use for all those pretty little tea cups that I rarely see, and even more rarely do anything with. Instead of putting them in a drawer, like the inspiration photo, I put several cups, saucers, and bowls on a tray that I picked up last year from Pier 1. That way I can move the tray around the bedroom or closet any time the fancy strikes. And a bonus: every time I put on my favorite pair of earrings I will also be reminded of my late grandmother! 








It actually makes all my cheap costume jewelry look rather pretty! Thanks Martha (et al.) for the great idea!


4 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Really fabulous idea, Cate. You have a nice collection of china (and jewelry). On a less glamorous note, I like to use pretty coffee mugs for my eyeliners and lips pencils. Don't have to worry about losing caps and everything stays neat and clean. :-)

xoxo
Jane

Marilyn said...

I like your idea a lot! And the sweet memories of your grandmother are even better! Mine had lots of pretties, too. As the only granddaughter I have many to pass on to my daughter someday. Thanks for sharing.

Heather Henderson said...

what a beautiful collection!!

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

No way! I've been doing this for years in my bathrooms --


http://tearinguphouses.blogspot.com/2009/09/before-after-pictures-little-blue-house.html

--who knew I was channeling Martha?!

Kelly

...

Related Posts with Thumbnails