Pages

March 19, 2012

Project 366: Weeks 5 - 8

I'm playing catch-up today from my month long hiatus because...

There is a battle being waged in my head. Two warring factions that I can't seem to reconcile: my desire to live a purpose-full, meaning-full life, and this strange affection for that seemingly innocuous orange button festooned with the word 'publish." (if you use blogger, you know what I mean). Everywhere I turn I see people dealing with real problems, and what do I write about? Fluff, mainly. So I took a step back last month and refocused on my priorities (my family, my faith, my creativity) until I felt whole again. 

No, the battle isn't over, but for now I've signed the peace accord. The fluff will now take the backroad. Not that fluff doesn't certainly have it's place in my heart. It is a needed escape. A welcome outlet for my creative pursuits. But sometimes it seems so...insignificant. Especially when I am intently focused on my laptop, and out of the corner of my eye see my one-year old melt to the ground and land in such a pitiful heap of utter despair and self-pity only a child can master...all because she just wants her mom. 

She gives me purpose. She gives my life meaning. She is important. More important than this blog. 

So I continue struggling to find balance. Which is why I am behind on my self-imposed Project 366. Oh well, what's the rush?


February 2 - H relaxing

February 6- Shopping for tile for the backsplash. 

February 9- An early Valentine's gift from Grandma 
{a adorable handmade doll that H instantly fell in love with}.


February 10- Grunt labor installing the backsplash tile (more pics to come soon!)


February 11- H checking CNN for her daily dose of news before breakfast whilst she grooms Sir Leopold. 

February 12- Homemade pretzel bites with herbed mustard dipping sauce. 

February 13- A fresh box of crayons. Is there anything better?

February 14- Baby + mirror = hours of entertainment

February 15- H exploring the possibilities of a career in anthropology
at the Natural History Museum of Utah

February 16: Our discovery after our one-year-old was being uncharacteristically quiet. 

February 17- A little joyride on H's new birthday present.

February 20- "Um...honey, did you spill something in the basement?" "What?" "Like a foot of water?"

February 21- H enjoying a play-date with her friend.

Feb 23- Life, as it turns out, is not all bubble-blowing and kitty-mauling.
Sometimes you bite down on a wicker basket and it really hurts!

February 24- H rearranging all the apps on my phone for the 467th time.







5 comments:

Pine Tree Home said...

cutie pie! loved the day by day list.

Marilyn said...

I'd pick the baby over anything blog land offers! Enjoy your time with her. Those days go by way too fast!♥♫

Ann B. Kennedy said...

What a lovely, adorable, precious baby! And, the dining room looks great, too!

Trademark attorney said...

She's so, so adorable! Reminds me of my own - *ahem* ten years ago!

Cheoy Lee said...

What a sweetheart. I think time spent with her will be more precious than any other way you could spend your day...

...

Related Posts with Thumbnails