Pages

August 5, 2011

Chasing Butterflies

I spend a lot of time in the nursery. Between nursing, changing, and rocking this is the most used room in the house these days. In fact, there are usually extraneous assorted chairs in here as well, because when we have visitors they end up here too. They come in to chat while I nurse and then we linger for a while because it's just a lovely space to be in. But truth be told, I have redecorated the room more than once in my fickle head. So the other day as Mr. was working on the kitchen cabinets I decided to spiff up the wall behind the door. It just looked sad...


Sad and empty. 

The other day, when we were outside, H spotted a butterfly flitting by us and it made her laugh out loud. The best sound in the whole world. So I rummaged through my insane mountain of scrapbook paper (side note: I buy scrapbook paper like it's my mission in life, but I don't scrapbook. Nope, not even a little. It's just a little obsessive behavior that I can't seem to kick! Seriously. Anyone else have this problem?) and cut out some cute little butterflies. 




I am hoping these paper butterflies inspire many more laughs from my happy almost six month old. I love how they look like they come in through the door and then exit toward the ceiling!









They really bring together the color palette in the room!

4 comments:

Pine Tree Home said...

Very cute way to dress up a boring wall.

Maria said...

Oh, these butterflies are darling! I like the blue (I have a very similar color in my bedroom) and didn't find the wall sad at all, but I must admit, the butterflies do liven it up a little. I'm sure your little one is going to enjoy them, and hey, once you're bored with them, it'll be easy to pull them off! What a charming nursery. I love the idea of people visiting and staying for a while.

Marilyn said...

Oh, so sweet. Perfect for the room. I used to buy fabric like your paper. I HAD to make myself stop. But now it seems to be beads-they're smaller, so it's not as obvious!♥♫

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

very cute! H is beautiful and so is her room!

...

Related Posts with Thumbnails